Wednesday 14 October 2015

Day Three - Great Energy

It's day three of our Bountiful Heart program.

Today the Bountiful Hearts partook in a rigorous exercise session - a good long warm up jog, some soul-soothing sun salutations and then a work out that consisted of 30 seconds of high intensity jump squats followed by 30 seconds of hi/lo plank repeated 10 times. Very sweaty. They finished the session with core conditioning exercises. 

They're finding Krys' menu plan very easy and sustaining. A few key tips are to keep some healthy snacks on hand when you are out and about. 10 almonds and an apple can get you through the afternoon until dinner time. I also drink lots of herbal tea when I get the late afternoon rumbles. Trying to get by without snacks is (obviously?) the goal, but that first week can be brutal; changing your diet significantly, increasing your energy expenditure and reducing your treats.

I stuck with the fruit, Healthy Seeded Mix and Coconut Berry Yoghurt all three mornings. It's tasty, fulfilling and on hand. 

I found some organic bolar blade roast on sale at Harris Farm Market and decided to make that my roast for the week. I pot roasted it, which made it so tender. The beauty of the pot roast is the jus it makes: carrot, celery, onion, bay leaf and thyme go in with the homemade chicken stock and the beef. Then it just bubbles away in the oven for several hours. I strained off the jus and skimmed off all the fat, before reducing it down in a saucepan. Such a delicate and delicious sauce to pour over the meat. Roasted pumpkin and steamed green beans completed the meal.

Tonight's dinner also came compliments of Harris Farm Market Seafood - Hoki. Cheap as chips, light, delicate and takes minutes to cook. I had some pumpkin left over from last night and added steamed greens and a coriander, pistachio pesto.
I did wake up in the middle of the night hungry last night... So I increased my fruit salad in the morning from half a banana to a whole one. But my energy levels are still high and I haven't had any munchies since. 

Since the article about Bountiful Hearts was published in the Manly Daily, we've had a great response to the program. I can't wait to introduce more people to such a great, healthy lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment