Friday 11 April 2014

Get a cider inside yer

Day 25: So I've mentioned before that I love to have a bit of a treat on Friday nights. It's my cheat meal, of sorts. So I prepped a decadent looking dessert for scoffing later in the evening, using a website that a friend put me onto: Oh She Glows. This Healthy Chocolate Chia Pudding was just the ticket. I don't mind the gelatinous (read: slimy) texture of soaked chia seeds, so this really felt and tasted suitably rich and luscious. I loved it with rockmelon, to add to the sweetness. I didn't eat it in one go but used it as a go-to snack for the next couple of days, as the chia seeds make it very filling.





I also, finally, got round to cracking that coconut. What I wanted to point out was how much coconut water those suckers contain...



All that, plus the flesh for under $2! You'd pay almost $4 for a tetra-pak of that much coconut water in the supermarket. 

For my Friday feast, I roasted up some sweet potato in coconut oil, quickly seared a 200gm slab of rump steak and made an impromptu salsa out of roasted cherry tomatoes, red capsicum, coriander and lime juice.



The "treat" bit was a few plain salted potato chips and a glass of Strongbow Cider. The Strongbow was definitely much tarter than the Monteith's - delicious. I do feel a tad guilty about eating white potato, but it's been minimal, so not a drama in the big scheme of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment