Wednesday 26 March 2014

Bliss balls for my surfing buddy

Day 9: Today was a "clean out the fridge" day, before I went grocery shopping. I'm not talking about the Shannon Lush kinda clean out of the fridge, which she recommends doing every week with baking soda and vinegar, which then made me feel positively slovenly. I'm talking about taking what's in the fridge and making a meal of it. 
Breakfast - The morning was so hectic that I literally threw whatever was to hand into my smoothie: a whole banana, some very ripe strawberries, a bit of spinach, a cup of coconut water and a dollop of coconut milk. I prefer the Ayam brand of coconut milk and cream as it's one of the few that is just coconut and water, no preservatives. I think I need the whole banana, not just a half, to see me through to lunchtime - it worked a treat.


Lunch - Following the same impetus as above I created a super tasty "pie" out of left-over stuffed mushroom stuffing (from Sunday 23rd) spread over the bottom of my dish, layered with about 100gm of tinned tuna and topped with my lovely Paleo crust.  



In preparation for my upcoming surf/yoga weekend, I'd promised my surfing buddy to bring along some bliss balls. I found this recipe on nomnompaleo,com. Of course, I couldn't stick to the recipe, so I added a dollop of tahini and a tablespoon of my Dutch cacao. I just tried one out of the freezer..... yummmmm. Where the strawberries have frozen, it's like little bursts of strawberry sorbet in your mouth. I imagine we'll look forward to these after a day of non-stop activity.



Dinner - Maybe it was from all the bliss ball bowl licking, but I just didn't have the urge for any protein. I was quite happy with a simple stir fry of red onion, kale, mushroom and asparagus. Topped off with last night's gochujang chilli dressing. By the way, I'm loathe to find out the bitter truth as I loved it so much, but I don't think that dressing was strictly Paleo. Hard telling, not knowing Korean. I think I might be inspired to sneak another bliss ball with my cuppa later on though!




P.S. I will be out of action for the next couple of days whilst I surf and downward dog my little heart out. Very excited. My surfing buddy is keen to join me on this Paleo adventure, so she loves to eat healthy too, though she is likely to sneak a bit of goat's cheese on her salad! We have a menu plan: fresh fish and sweet potato chips for the first night; CADA and salad for breakfasts and dinners; Steak and roast vegies for night two and prosciutto wrapped chicken breast with a cherry tomato and cauliflower salad for night three. Talk soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment