Monday 24 March 2014

One more milestone to celebrate

Day 7: Big cheer and high five to myself. That's a whole week of eating Paleo. Do I feel better? Well, since you asked... my stomach has been AWESOME!!! I am so happy with the results. I have reduced my medication by more than half. Given my goal was to do just that, I reckon it's a great result. The truth of the matter is that I am unlikely to ever be completely medication-free, but reducing it will really improve the condition of my gut. So buoyed by this state of events I enjoyed my seventh Paleo day enormously, starting with...
Breakfast - as most of my "experiments" have worked so far, I wasn't too disappointed in this one, but I won't be trying it again. From this recipe on eatdrinkpaleo.com, I tried to re-create the smoothie using the fresh coconut and coconut water I had available as I thought 1 cup of coconut cream would be just too rich. I added half a banana to help thicken it up, but my food processor left the smoothie too chunky. It would probably work well in a Thermomix. I really enjoyed having a coconutty iced coffee for brekkie, but it wouldn't be to everyone's taste.



Lunch - Oh the relief to know I had a meal already prepared when I got home starving from bashing around in the waves. That is, my second portion of my stuffed mushrooms from yesterday's blog. Sprinkled with some cayenne this time - love my chilli!

Dinner - Swordfish is very rarely on the menu at mi casa, but it was on special, as was some asparagus. My surfing buddy had told me about making salmon with salsa verde in the weekend, so I googled it to see if it was Paleo and found this fantastic sauce made with anchovies and capers, and thus.... a meal was made. I felt in need of some bigger carbs tonight so I steamed some pumpkin and cauliflower and mashed them with some butter and nutmeg. The swordfish I simply pan-fried and spooned the lovely sauce over everything. My eight year old polished off his plate too.


Finally, I've just discovered that a spoonful of coconut milk in my nightly chai tea is simply decadent. Enjoyed with one of my bliss balls. Nigh night.

No comments:

Post a Comment