Wednesday 19 March 2014

Healthy eating with a head cold

Day 2: I reckon if it wasn't for this blog, I would've given up on this Paleo food plan - by day 2!! However, despite feeling like snuggling up in bed with a Magnum and a trashy mag, I stayed on track. They say that using social media to publicise your health intentions is one of the best ways to stay true to your goals. It worked! I also took photos of all my meals but I need to figure out how to reduce their size. 
Breakfast - a two egg omelette filled with my left-over roast pumpkin and some lightly pan-fried mushrooms. Then an almond milk flat white - who knew that it'd be as good as it was? Not missing my soy at all. I have been trying not to have any tea or coffee within an hour of eating, so to maximise absorption of all the nutrients I'm eating. I didn't work out at all today as walking to the supermarket was challenging enough, so I didn't get as hungry as yesterday. Having eggs for breaking always keeps me going for ages anyway. 

Lunch - I had promised a photo of my invention: coconut milk braised zucchini and fish, topped with cauliflower hummus. Just as lovely today as yesterday. Hopefully all that garlic will help clear my cold.



Dinner - I made this http://ancestral-nutrition.com/spicy-chicken-lettuce-wraps-paleo-primal/, with a couple of adjustments.
 I used 500 gm of chicken mince, added one finely grated carrot and sprinkled with lots of diced red pepper and coriander. For the kids I added my exciting new find - brown basmati rice. The lovely Indian grocer told me to add sizzling ghee with cumin seeds to the rice as you fluff it up. They loved it.



I'm now just curled up with a chai tea with a splash of almond milk and a handful of dried fruit and nuts. Full as a bull, and happy that I nourished my body so well, when it so needs it. 
My sister told me to look at his site: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/welcome-to-marks-daily-apple/#axzz2wM1f30L7
There's so much info out there, just as well I've got some time on my hands to sift through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment